12 Step Manifesto
This is the original Twelve Step Manifesto as published by Capitalists Anonymous:
- We admit we are powerless over the desire to consume—that our lives have become detached.
- We believe that community can restore our sanity.
- We have made the decision to take control of our lives and not be a slave to greed.
- We must rid ourselves of status anxiety.
- We admit to ourselves, and to others, the exact nature of our wrongs.
- We embrace need over want.
- We are humbled by the inequality of wealth on this planet.
- We recognise all the damage and harm of a world built on capital rather than community, and are willing to make amends to all its citizens and to the planet.
- By making amends to the planet and adopting nature’s rhythms we allow Gaia to revitalize herself.
- We continue to take personal inventory and when we are wrong promptly admit it.
- We seek, through simple living, to improve our conscious contact with nature, community and ourselves.
- Having realized we have almost exhausted the planet’s resources we resolve to maintain and to practice these principles in all our affairs.